Blueberry Muffins and Cheese Plates

So at the beginning of last week I got the email that sent my blood pressure soaring: I had to have my mid-year work review on Friday. A mid-year review isn't because I did anything wrong. Every teacher has a beginning, middle, and end meeting with an administrator. And by the way, my principal is nice. She's always been nice to me. This is only my second year but I've had no issues with her.

I did my best to get ready for this meeting and when the time finally came, I went down to the main office. My hands were shaking, my heart was pounding. This is not a normal reaction. Most people walk into these meetings with their data of how the year is going and just assume they'll have a normal conversation. This is nothing to freak out over.

It turns out that she'd been called out of the building and couldn't meet with me, so we'll have to do it another day. But geez. I need to not react to things this way.

I'm on day 4 of taking the lexapro, which I'm hoping will end up helping with things like this in the long run. I've been told to not expect any kind of results for at least a couple of weeks, but I feel a little better already. I don't think it's working. I just think that knowing that I've taken a step and it will eventually start working is why I feel a little better.

In the meantime I'm trying to just be gentle with myself. If we were having better weather I would have gone hiking yesterday and today but we just got more snow and I really don't enjoy hiking through snow. So instead yesterday I read on the couch for a while and then worked on my crochet project while I watched a few episodes of the new Queer Eye on Netflix. (By the way, I love it.) I had a blueberry muffin for breakfast both yesterday and today and my pants still fit. ;) I went to the gym last night and lifted some weights. I'm doing OK. I'll get back to the diet at some point soon but I have just been so stressed over everything that I need to not push it right now. It will all be OK.

As for the Adulting...

The cooking chapter is full of stuff I already knew, which is reassuring. ;) I'm not an amazing cook but I can make basic things. For 12 years I lived alone so it's not like I needed to know how to do much more than make a single serving of this or that. I am handy with a Foreman Grill. But she also addresses how to "make a dope cheese plate" (step 83).

Apparently you need:

  • One soft cheese (Brie, Camembert, Roquefort, Muenster)
  • One hard cheese (pecorino, Manchego, Emmentaler)
  • One orange cheese (cheddar, Cotswold, Gouda)
  • Bread or crackers
  • One accent (strawberries, olives, etc.)
I had no idea. ;)

I finished Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, and it was great. If you're looking for a YA novel about LGBT themes, I highly suggest it. Also if you're looking for a book about friendship and family and just a well-written story. :)

I just finished Yes, My Accent is Real by Kunal Nayyar, who plays Raj on The Big Bang Theory. It was fun. I saw it at the library cand since I like the show I gave it a try. It's not deep but you'll learn about how he got into acting. He doesn't do a lot of talking about behind the scenes on the show, in case you were hoping for that.

I think my next book is going to be A Thousand Pardons by Jonathan Dee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Gotta stop the madness.

In which I have made a decision.