So for the latest installment of my year of getting my shit together and trying new things...

I've unraveled and redone that crochet square so many times, because it just kept looking stupid. Finally I re-read the directions and it turned out I was using the wrong size hook. It made a huge difference. I'm almost done with it now! And once that's done, only 24 to go. ;) For a while I was hiding it from my boyfriend but he saw me working on it and said, "Is that for me?" When I said yes he said, "Is it a... space invader?" I answered that honestly I wasn't sure what exactly it was. So he still has no idea. ;)

We got an Instant Pot for Christmas from Boyfriend's sister. Last night I finally got up the courage to try it for the first time. I found a pretty simple recipe for beef stew on A Pinch of Yum and it was so easy. It was just as easy as my crock pot, really, except that there were more buttons to choose from. But 45 minutes later we had beef stew, and it was so good. We sat down to eat it and I said, "OK, if this sucks, I will buy us a pizza." He said, "Nah. I'll buy us the pizza." But after a few bites we realized we did not need pizza, and this was a huge success. :)

Today I need to go to the fabric store and pick up some supplies for work. While I'm out that way I'm going to find some letterboxes until I get tired of it, and then come home and meal prep for the week, or at least the first few days of it. I did promise to carve some stamps for a friend as well, so I should get on that.  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's hike (with photos!)

In which I have made a decision.

Gotta stop the madness.